Analytica is seeking a Data Scientist
to support dynamic federal government data science programs. The ideal candidate will be comfortable as a key member of a multi-disciplinary team working in an Agile environment to produce advanced analytics solutions. They will support an enterprise data program and develop algorithms, visualizations, and analytic solutions for federal technology initiatives.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc.
for 3 consecutive years as one of the 250 fastest growing business. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
- Perform Statistical analysis and model development using programming languages such as Python and R.
- Produce accurate reports on financial data including trend analysis, and pattern detection.
- Develop creative and accurate visualizations that communicate a story, trend, pattern etc., through collaborations with other team members.
- Independently analyze data, applying and explaining the statistical and mathematical principles used.
- Provide technical expertise for non-technical researchers/subject matter experts, using multiple advanced analytical and statistical techniques such as: Machine Learning, Natural language processing, time-series modeling, predictive modeling, and various other techniques.
- Bachelor's degree, preferable Master's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field
- Experience in data science, data analysis, or a related quantitative field.
- Experience using methods of exploratory data analysis, statistical analysis, and developing analytic solutions. Experience providing technical expertise for non-technical researchers/subject matter experts.
- Using advanced statistical or machine learning methods where appropriate.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing data using SQL, Excel, Python, or Excel.
- Demonstrated experience using Unix or Linux platforms to maintain work products.
About Analytica: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. The company is an award-winning SBA certified 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.
- Experience working with subject matter or technical experts in a regulatory environment, including attorneys, researchers, and/or economists.
- Experience providing technical expertise for attorneys conducting work on topics such as: litigation, depositions, witness/expert preparation, and cross-examination.
- PhD in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field.
- Experience working in an AWS cloud environment.
- Experience interpreting Machine Learning models.
As a federal contractor, Analytica is required to verify that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you receive an offer and are unable to get vaccinated for religious or medical reasons, you may request a reasonable accommodation.