Analytica is seeking a Data Engineer
to support federal government client engagements in the Washington DC metro area. The company works with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. As a core member you’ll work with a diverse team of professionals to develop application systems for clients in a platform-diverse environment.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and optimizing data extraction and delivery between transaction systems and analytics repositories
- Design and build data pipeline frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery for on-premises and/or cloud platforms, leveraging technologies such as Kafka, Apache Spark, Python, and AWS-based solutions
- Experience leveraging open source tools such as Hive, NiFi, Sqoop, Java, Pig, etc.
- Support customer utilization of cloud and hybrid large, complex, and disparate data sources
- Build and deploy application code using CI/CD tools and techniques and provides support for deployed data applications
- Support the development, integration, and visualization of data science/machine learning algorithms for testing and operational deployment
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of analysts, data engineers, data scientists, developers, and data consumers in a fast-paced Scrum-based Agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree required, and Master’s preferred in Statistics, Data Science, Information Management, Computer Science, or another quantitative field
- Two+ (2) years of enterprise data management and engineering experience
- Strong understanding relational database management objects (tables, schemas, indexes, materialized views, partitions, stored procedures, macros, etc.), database design principles, data administration standards, and information security terminology
- Effective working knowledge of business intelligence concepts, and database structures such as ETL, normalization, datamarts, data cubes, OLAP, star and snowflake schemas
- Strong problem-solving skills, information technology experience, and data engineering techniques
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified
As a federal contractor, Analytica is required to verify that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you receive an offer and are unable to get vaccinated for religious or medical reasons, you may request a reasonable accommodation.