Analytica is seeking a Data Engineer
to support federal government client engagements in the Washington DC metro area. The company works with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. As a core member you’ll work with a diverse team of professionals to develop application systems for clients in a platform-diverse environment.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as the fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. As a core member you’ll work with a diverse team of professionals to solution matters, architect nuisances, and come up with alternatives. We offer competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
- Support customer utilization of large, complex, and disparate data sets and recommend solutions aligned to customer mission and task accomplishment
- Perform analytical exploration and examination of data from multiple sources of data
- Design and develop data ingestion frameworks leveraging open source tools with Python as well as data processing/transformation frameworks leveraging open source tools
- Design and build data pipeline frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery for on-premises platforms
- Design and implement data repositories
- Design and develop data cleansing and data quality management processing
- Ensure proper security and access control to analytics data
- Support the development, integration, and visualization of data science/machine learning algorithms for testing and operational deployment
- Contribute to determining programming approach, tools, and techniques that best meet the business requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise in the analysis, preparation of specifications and plans for the development of data processes
- Develop conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Design and develop efficient ETL processes and automated jobs that ingest the data accurately and efficiently into SQL databases from Netezza, Oracle, SQL server environments
- Design and develop optimal Oracle, Netezza, Hadoop and AWS objects including, but not limited to, tables, views, materialized views, files, indexes, constraints, user defined functions, SQL (Structured Query Language) code, stored procedures, packages and automated workflows. Perform performance tuning activities as needed to ensure efficiency of ODS jobs and data engineering procedures.
- Identify, develop, and implement solutions to failed jobs and performance issues to ensure data availability, integrity and accuracy
- Develop and maintain documentations such as data models, workflow, architecture and ER diagrams, data dictionaries, design documents, deployment instructions, maintenance documents, and test plans and results
- Use version control tools available in the SEC such as Git, and GitLab for storing of code and documentations
- Provide a process for copying relevant data sets from production to testing and development environments in accordance with current DERA architecture and framework requirements and standards
Minimum of a Master's degree in econometrics, finance, or related technical fields such as mathematics, engineering, operations research, statistics, computer science, or an MBA or MFE, and demonstrated experience of at least four (4) years in data analysis, statistical data analysis and reporting of research studies.
Deep experience in managing and integrating large datasets using a variety of software packages.
Experience with Python and SQL is required
Programming experience using one or more of the following: SAS, VBA, STATA, MATLAB, Mathematica, Perl, R, SPLUS, Python, or SQL.
Demonstrate experience with SQL-type and non-SQL type databases, knowledge and experience in a systems environment, such as MS Windows, Linux, and UNIX, that facilitates manipulation and processing of data is also required.
Preferred, not required:
Demonstrate experience using advanced analytic techniques such as modern econometric methods, machine learning, multivariate statistical analysis, clustering and segmentation, experimental design, optimization and text analytics.
Experience working with large datasets using Dask, Spark, MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, or similar technologies
Familiar with a wide range of analytics techniques, such as statistics, machine learning, and natural language processing
1+ year operational/regulatory financial analysis experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified
As a federal contractor, Analytica is required to verify that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you receive an offer and are unable to get vaccinated for religious or medical reasons, you may request a reasonable accommodation.