Analytica is seeking a Business Analyst
to support federal engagements and ensure routine reporting processes operate smoothly on a monthly and quarterly basis. The position will assist with technology change management, solution testing, technical documentation, managing the software development lifecycle, and provide business analysis and communications support.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as a fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. Analytica offers competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
- Supports the Product Owner and/or Client in creating user stories and acceptance criteria and Scrum Master/PM with sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, etc.
- Determine size, complexity, and dependencies of a solution by reviewing business rules, use cases, user stories, and clarifying estimates with the Dev team
- Documents requirements for solutions that support business strategies, system requirements, system specifications, etc. and may develop into various types of models or diagrams such as process mapping, decision tables, value streams, data flows, etc to support requirements
- Collaborating on root cause analysis, application of business rules, workflow issues, and internal/external interfaces for system impact analysis
- Conduct testing as needed, such as functional testing, user acceptance testing (UAT), automated acceptance testing (AAT), and specification by example
- Build trust and respect, establish relationships, and develop rapport with technical and non-technical team members
- B.A. or B.S. (focus in Mathematics, Economics, Business Management, Engineering, or related area of study)
- 4+ years Agile project experience, with prior BA experience
- Experience supporting Machine Learning, Financial and/or Data Analytics
- Proven leadership, teamwork, and communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence, and Microsoft Office
- Experience mapping workflows, maintaining permissions and documentation in Office 365
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation
- Ability to secure a US Federal Clearance
- Strong experience in graphics using Adobe or Visio highly preferred
- Applicable certifications such as CBAP, CCBA, CSM, CSPO, CSP, and ITIL a plus.