Analytica is seeking a Big Data Solution Architect
to provide technical leadership and vision for a high profile, complex Federal client data environment centered around AWS, Databricks and Open Shift with Oracle and a analytics environment centered around SAS Viya, Tableau, and OBIEE.
The ideal candidate will provide the be able to support the existing technological solution and enhancement of the analytical capabilities of the client and support evolving the legacy environment to incorporate innovations in self services data analytics for decision-making, big data analytics, open-source tools, data science and AI/ML.
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
as a fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions and specialize in data and analytics solutions. Analytica offers competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Lead the development and enhancement of a shared enterprise data lake solution that meets a diverse set of Analytics, Reporting, and Data Science needs across a Federal Enterprise Environment
- Engage with client and client stakeholders to understand current and future state requirements, and oversee the implementation of this vision across a highly complex systems
- Provide technical vision and implementation leadership across various Big Data Environment technologies
- Work with architects across multiple lines of businesses to construct a self-service enterprise analytics platform
- Perform analysis on industry trends and new technologies and make recommendations for improvement. Provide technical direction and leadership for the two Agile development teams.
- 8+ years of experience with developing enterprise data solutions using commercial and open-source technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT or similar relevant field; Masters a plus
- AWS Solution Architecture or Databricks Certification strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience building production data solutions leveraging AWS and Databricks services and technologies, including Redshift, Databricks, Delta Lake and Apache Spark
- Experience with Big data technologies, including Apache Hadoop, Hive and Spark
- Experience with AWS cloud native services, including Amazon RedShift, EMR, Athena, and RDS
- Strong understanding of cloud concepts and well-architected frameworks, including data architecture concepts including: Data Modeling, Data Movement, Data Governance, Data Security
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to facilitate effective collaboration across a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to secure a US Federal Clearance
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified