Analytica is seeking a Senior Database Specialist
to support a dynamic federal government project. The ideal candidate will provide expert technical leadership to manage, monitor, and ensure the highest level of availability of all operational systems and infrastructure. The overarching scope of this contract is to provide the design, architecture, configuration, development, and maintenance of the existing technological solution and enhancement of the analytical capabilities of USCIS by evolving the legacy environment with 21st century technologies, such as data visualization, no- SQL (Structured Query Language) querying, data analytics for decision-making, big data analytics, open source tools, data science and AI/ML
Analytica has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
as a fastest-growing private US small business. We work with U.S. government customers in health, civilian, and national security missions. Analytica offers competitive compensation with opportunities for bonuses, employer paid health care, training and development funds, and 401k match.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Leading the infrastructure team in the support of the databases, ETL, BI layer, SAS, and OS, if applicable (in the Cloud), as well as the developed systems components of DBIS.
- Cooperate with government technical staff in providing O&M support of the production components of eCISCOR, SAS PME, and SMART. Provide technical assistance to either the onsite IT personnel or IT deployment support personnel to resolve failures, and support incident management and problem management activities.
- Support DBIS O&M with coordination of appropriate DHS/USCIS Data Center support staff and USCIS OIT Engineering Support to diagnose, trouble shoot and resolve system, network, hardware and software issues
- Perform end-to-end monitoring for all applications, with the ability to provide dashboards for different audiences including developers, business users and system administrators.
- Work closely with the engineering, network, and development teams to establish detailed and documented information required for systems and application integration into production environment and for the acceptance for ongoing O&M.
- Lead and guide the work of technical staff. Serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects. Plan project stages and assess business implications for each stage.
- Bachelors Of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject area
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience maintaining and administering infrastructure of Multiple Collaborative IT systems.
- Deep understanding of AWS, Apache Spark, Big Data, Databricks. Informatica, Oracle
- Strong understanding of large-scale DevOps and implementation experience with automation solutions across a variety of applications and systems
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with clients, technical SME's, and other project team members to establish, monitor and perform against requirements and deliverables
- Experienced in AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud Services, and other Cloud environments.
- Must be a Green Card holder or U.S. Citizen to obtain the Public Trust clearance
: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Bethesda, MD, the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone
and 8(a) small business
that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine
each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3
and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified