Analytica is seeking a Medicaid Policy SME / Technical Writer to be a part of a project supporting Medicaid Program Integrity reviews for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The Medicaid Policy SME / Technical Writer is responsible for the oversight and quality of all written reports and deliverables and should have several years of experience working in a Medicaid program or relevant operational program. This position allows for remote work but the customer is in the Baltimore, MD area and will be required to be on site approximately a third of the time.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements;
- Create and maintain the information architecture based on project requirements and ad hoc additional clarification received from COR;
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience;
- Develop review documents and other written products;
- Ensure quality of all reports and deliverables under the contract
- Develops content and writes and edits material for documents, reports, manuals, guides, briefing materials, presentations, and related documents and publications.
- Helps ensure information in documents and content is accurate and up-to-date.
- Reviews draft documents to ensure they are free of errors in scope, format, and content.
- Ensures that documents are written in accordance with applicable style guides and editorial practices.
- Organizes materials and completes writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Ensures that names, places, and organizations are spelled correctly, and that facts, dates, and statistics are accurate.
- Corrects content errors, grammatical errors, punctuation errors, and spelling errors in documents and materials.
- Ensures that written materials are easy to read and understandable for non-technical users
- Incorporates charts, graphs, tables, and other non-textual content to enhance the presentation of material in documents.
- Discusses issues with office personnel and reads agency reports, documents, and other material to become familiar with office and agency practices to maximize writing support services.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution.
- 3+ years of professional experience preparing technical documentation preferably on a Federal Government contract
- 2+ years experience in a Medicaid program or operations experience
- Medicaid knowledge and/or state Medicaid experience
- Well-versed overall in the Medicaid topics
- Knowledge around Medicaid/state Medicaid policy, data, and audit techniques
- Understanding around developing new review protocols, conducting reviews, developing report templates and / or writing reports on Medicaid benefit or eligibility programs.
- Proven excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to produce clear, concise documentation
- Ability to extract meaning from complex information
- Strong critical thinking skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a team environment
- Advanced skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to manage time effectively.
- Good interpersonal skills in communicating, writing, and presentation
- Solution-oriented work style with a focus on results and willingness to deliver
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.