Analytica is seeking a Data Architect/Modeler to gather information from the various project teams, consult and advise on the data modelling techniques, review and approve data models using data modeling tools. This position will research and analyze the modern data modelling trends and patterns in the industry and prepare white papers. This position will support a federal health client in Windsor Mill, MD.
Primary Responsibilities Include (but are not necessarily Limited To):
- Uses a variety of information gathering techniques (e.g., interviews, facilitation, diagrams) to gather complex business data requirements from Business teams
- Coordinate data models, data dictionaries, and other database documentation across multiple applications
- Leads design reviews of data deliverable such as models, data flows, and data quality assessments
- Perform data analysis, discovery, profiling and identify cause of data issues and work with broader team to resolve
- Develop solid understanding of the various source data sets and work with the team to lay out the overall data design solutions
- Promotes data modeling standardization, defines and drives adoption of the standards
- Research and adapt new modeling methods and tools using case studies, market trends, or other proven approaches and prepare white papers
- Work independently and guide the team members to successfully complete assigned tasks
- And perform any other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant work experience.
- 8+ years in Data Modeling role proficient with entity relation diagrams, logical/physical data models creation, review, and analysis and issue resolution
- Experience working with and creating data architecture
- Experience with data mapping (ETL data mapping with defined technical and business rules. Complex logic, not only 1:1 data mapping)
- Experience with data modeling concepts, interfacing with multiple data sources, Relational and Non-Relational (NOSQL)
- Experience with data warehousing and data modeling tools such as MagicDraw, Erwin, ERStudio, JSON, Graph Database, UML, RDF, Python, SQL, NOSQL
- Experience in Agile, DevOps, Cloud (AWS) is desired
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques is desired
- Experience with moderate SQL scripts (creating, reading, running, customizing)
- Strong teamwork abilities, excellent communication and customer service skills to support various project teams throughout CMS agency
- Exposure to Healthcare Data and prior experience working on CMS agency projects is a plus
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.