Analytica is seeking a Senior Accountant to conduct day-to-day accounting activities for a rapidly growing federal government contractor in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate will have experience working within a mid-sized government contractor ($10MM+) with the comfort and ability to multi-task across various functions (AR, AP, Payroll, etc). The ideal candidate thrives in a rapid paced environment, with an interest in helping define the processes and operational maturity as the company grows. individual must be team oriented and possess strong customer service skills. This position reports into senior financial management, with significant opportunities for long term career growth.
Primary Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Run the day-to-day accounting operations of a rapidly growing government contracting services firm, covering accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and other core accounting functions.
- Compile, compute, and record billing, expenses and other financial and timekeeping data for billing purposes. Prepare billing invoices for services rendered. Verify accuracy of revise any errors.
- Check, verify and process invoices, prepare payments for signature, sort, code, and enter accounts payable data, analyze discrepancies and unpaid invoices, and maintain vendor files.
- Import, process, validate and submit payroll to 3rd party vendor for processing
- Import, process, validate and submit 3rd party subcontractor and vendor payments using banking systems
- Using Unanet Financials, manage debits, credits, accounts and other general ledger items. Prepare monthly and annual close for review and approval by Senior Controller
- Ensure compliance with federal government financial reporting and payment directives (e.g., DCAA, GSA IFF, etc)
- Work with external financial auditors, tax advisors and other supporting organizations to supply timely financial data as needed
- Oversee accounting interns and other part time support as needed
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures
- Experience within government contracting service accounting, in particular with DCAA
- Experience working with Unanet or Unanet Financials is highly desired
- Experience working in accounts receivable, accounts payable and maintaining and submitting payroll
- Experience executing the daily/monthly closing procedures, journal entries, reconciliations and controls
- High level of analytical and problem-solving ability to analyze data, identify and resolve problems within tight timeframes.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects while identifying areas to improve and offering solutions to make current processes more efficient.
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders to identify, evaluate and resolve their issue
- Intermediate or greater Microsoft Office and specifically Microsoft Excel skills required
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.