Analytica is seeking a Technical Writer to support a federal services client in Washington, DC. Successful candidates will have experience working with clients in the federal finance and/or capital markets industry.
Responsibilities include (but may not be limited to):
- Develops content and writes and edits material for documents, reports, manuals, guides, instruction books, briefing materials, presentations, and related documents and publications.
- Develops content and writes and edits material for computer-based applications such as web pages, web interfaces, and content within online resources.
- Helps ensure information in documents and content is accurate and up-to-date.
- Reviews draft documents to ensure they are free of errors in scope, format, and content.
- Ensures that documents are written in accordance with applicable style guides and editorial practices.
- Organizes materials and completes writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Ensures that names, places, and organizations are spelled correctly and that facts, dates, and statistics are accurate.
- Corrects content errors, grammatical errors, punctuation errors, and spelling errors in documents and materials.
- Ensures that written materials are easy to read and that documents and content use plain language.
- Incorporates charts, graphs, tables, and other non-textual content to enhance the presentation of material in documents.
- Understands the mission, programs, and operations of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and the Customer Service and Public Engagement Directorate and observes work processes and procedures to incorporate appropriate writing and editing practices.
- Discusses issues with office personnel and reads agency reports, documents, and other material to become familiar with office and agency practices to maximize writing support services.
- Contacts sources providing drafts, content, text, or other information to discuss the writing of and editorial work on documents.
- Works closely with other writers to enhance a document’s readability, conciseness, and quality.
- Maintains records and files of work products, as well as revisions of work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (such as English, Communications, or Public Affairs) with experience as a writer/editor. Post-graduate education may be substituted for years of experience, and overall experience may be substituted for the education requirements.
- Experience at CFTC, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, CFPB, FDIC or SEC strongly preferred
- Knowledge of a major editorial style (e.g., GPO, AP) is preferred.
- Advanced skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Strong knowledge of computer-based systems that create, edit, manage, and transmit documents and text (e.g., content management or publishing software).
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to manage time effectively.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Strong customer service and customer satisfaction orientation.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a team, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize a significant volume of work.
- Ability to occasionally work during other than operational hours, if necessary, to meet client requirements
- Must be able to secure and maintain a public trust clearance.
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.