ANALYTICA is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator - Solaris / Linux to support a federal government agency in Washington DC.
Qualifications and Experience
- Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems
- Performs system backups and recovery.
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Work closely with all senior technical staff as lead and solutions architect, with application teams to develop, plan and implement application/deployments.
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in Unix infrastructure operations via automation scripting and working with API's
- Support servers including security configurations, patching, security vulnerability remediation and troubleshooting.
- Develop scripts for automating client/server functions by establishing technical specifications that facilitate easy, accurate coding or scripting/configuration
- Develops and maintains the comprehensive systems architectures, frameworks and application interfaces
- Provides consultation and assists project teams in formulating solutions
- Must be able to perform under tight timeframes and execute problem solving skills and understands the key drivers that impact IT and Business operations
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and 7- 9 years of related experience
- Solaris system administration (versions 10 and 11) experience
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration (versions 6 and 7) experience
- Windows Server 08 and 12 Systems Administration
- Experienced in creating and updating security-related documentation
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours or modified schedule for planned or emergency work