Analytica is seeking a Project Manager to support software engineering, data management or analytics projects at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). As a rapidly growing small business that specializes in information management, analytics and software engineering the ideal candidate will be interested and have experience directly relevant to one or all of these areas.
Analytica is an award winning consulting and information technology solution provider specializing in helping public sector organizations manage, analyze and protect information. The company is a rapidly growing SBA certified 8 (a) and HUBZone firm headquartered in Washington DC. Analytica provides a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment for career development.
Primary Responsibilities may include:
- Act as the client point of contact for day to day software engineering related projects, activities may include leading customer interaction, managing progress communications, resolving any potential issues, mitigating risks, develop, organize, and manage risks, action items, change control, and communication plans
- May be tasked to oversee a range of project sizes, from small to mid-scale project delivery (ranging from 1 - 30 FTEs), leading cross-functional technical teams to deliver projects within the constraints of quality, scope, schedule, and budget
- Engage functional corporate support teams (such as staffing, finance, etc.) to ensure projects are exceeding requirements and are delivered at an exceptional service level, on time and on budget.
- Participate in federal capture activities, such as proposal development, opportunity identification, and client meetings
- Maintain an Agile project management style that is evidenced based and flexible, designed to drive teams to be high performing, challenged, and efficient.
- Track project plans, metrics and provide ongoing updates to appropriate stakeholders
- Participate, or lead, ongoing project and organizational process improvement projects such as ISO, CMMI-DEV.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job Related Requirements:
- Bachelors degree, strongly preferred major in information systems, computer Science, math or equivalent
- Prior experience working with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid or HHS OpDivs
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience communicating directly with clients or customers on products or project delivery
- Advanced Excel, Visio, and JIRA or MS Project skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, small business environment that may entail cross functional support and late nights or weekends when required
- Solution-oriented work style with a focus on results and willingness to deliver
Additional Skills & Desired Competencies:
- PMP certification, CSM or Agile certification strongly preferred.
- Solid understanding of data mart/data warehouse life cycle
- Solid understanding of technical tasks and dependencies
- Experience working within CMS XLC or HHS SDLC experience strongly preferred
- Ability to secure a Government Security Clearance strongly preferred
- Agile software engineering project experience as a participant or leader preferred
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.