ANALYTICA is seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized, and detail-oriented Oracle Backup Manager to support a federal financial client in Washington, DC. An experienced Recovery Manager who can back up, restore, and recover database files.
Primary Responsibilities Include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Backup management: deleting obsolete backups and performing periodic checks to ensure that backups are available and usable.
- Computes checksums for each block during a backup, and checks for corrupt blocks when backing up or restoring.
- Using the repository to report on crucial information
- Stores RMAN scripts in the recovery catalog
- Performs checks to determine whether backups on disk or in the media catalog are still available.
- Performs automatic parallelization of backup and restore operations
- Tests whether files can be backed up or restored without actually performing the backup or restore
- Performs archived log failover automatically
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, MIS or related subject in addition to 5+ years of related work experience.
- Highly experienced in Solaris using Oracle SAN Storage
- Backup Manager
- Veritas NetBackup and Veritas Appliance
- Excellent project management skills in order to plan for upgrades to the cluster environment.
- Excellent problem management and troubleshooting skills.
- Required scripting ability (BASH, Python, PERL, KSH .etc.)
- Ability to work cooperatively and to function well in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill to be able to ascertain user requirements and prepare documentation.