ANALYTICA is seeking a Data Analytics Solutions Architect to support our capture management and program delivery team in Washington, DC. The Data Analytics Solutions Architect will serve as an internal SME for ANALYTICA for proposal and capture activities. The Data Analytics Solutions Architect will be responsible to provide technical guidance and support on a wide variety of analytics and other SDLC projects within the company.
Primary Responsibilities Include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Participate in knowledge transfer across multiple customers and projects to review and capture existing data analytics capabilities.
- Work with direct staff and subcontractor / consultants to ensure capturing all activities under projects
- Work with services capture group to review pipeline of health and civilian opportunities, identify analytics opportunities, and conduct thorough review for potential prioritization from a capture perspective
- Establish analytics engineering roadmap to identify areas of strength, weakness, technologies and platforms that ANALYTICA should expand / cross train / develop qualifications around.
- Utilize a hypothesis-driven problem-solving approach to design, construct, and rapidly test/iterate exploratory analyses that will reveal insight and opportunities for the client
- Lead multiple client and innovation analytics projects of different varieties including strategy, advanced modeling, and big data architectures, providing full oversight of engagement structure, team management, and deliverables for teams comprising data science, big data, and visualization experts
- Work on an ongoing basis to improve capture, proposal, marketing and web materials related Interface with services BD technical writer to review and improve marketing, capture and other materials
- Support services capture with direct customer meetings for preliminary capture, solutioning and opportunity identification.
- Act as primary technical SME for bids and proposals involving business intelligence, analytics, data science, machine learning or AI.
- Meet periodically with technical analytics personnel to identify technical gaps, areas for improvements
- Work with human resources department to establish training road map for technical personnel to cross train and admin / office to identify software partnerships to funnel training capabilities
- Identify critical conferences and others areas for attendance, participation and presentations
- Work with senior management, to establish network infrastructure and environment for analytics projects, R&D prototyping and other areas.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job Related Requirements:
- Must be an Analytics SME – with a variety of experience supporting business intelligence, data science and other analytics projects.
- At least 5+ years professional services or federal consulting experience
- At least 10+ years data analytics / business intelligence services experience in a highly technical role
- Experience working with data management platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's of Science degree in a technical or quantitative field (computer science, mathematics, physics).
- Master's or MBA degree preferred with technical knowledge of topics such as statistics, econometrics, machine learning, operations research, decision science, and cloud computing
- At least 6 months desired of specialized experience using machine-learning, text-mining or natural language processing (NLP) techniques
- Experience working with data management platforms (such as Oracle, SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Mongo etc.)
- Hands-On experience with Hadoop stack (MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Flume)
- Knowledge of NoSQL platforms (e.g., HortonWorks, MongoDB, Couchbase, MarkLogic etc.)
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.