ANALYTICA is seeking a Senior Tester that will support a Federal Government Agency in Washington, DC.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by developers is fit.
- Test, tune, debug and suggest detailed refinements that ensure quality and specifications.
- Reporting and documenting technical issues.
- Collaborate with QA Engineers to develop effective strategies and test plans.
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results.
- Evaluate product code according to specifications.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development life cycle.
Additional Desired Skills & Competencies
- minimum of ten (10) years of IT experience with at least 7 years of experience as a tester.
- Extensive experience working on Data Management Systems and Extract Transform and load processes.
- Experience working with popular Software Quality Assurance frameworks and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a group setting.
- Functional experience with testing strategies including Unit Test, Integration Test, Performance test, regression test, acceptance test etc.
- Experience working on Unix and windows platforms.
- Expert knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL). Experience working on with SDLC, Agile methodology, Test driven Development, configuration Management and source control.
- Experience working with Relational database management systems and various programming languages.
- Experience working with databases and & appliances such as Netezza, Greenplum, Oracle, Sql Server, PostgreSQL & Sybase.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
About ANALYTICA: Analytica is a leading consulting and information technology solutions provider to public sector organizations supporting health, civilian, and national security missions. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the company is an established SBA certified HUBZone and 8(a) small business that has been recognized by Inc. Magazine each of the past three years as one of the 250 fastest-growing companies in the U.S. Analytica specializes in providing software and systems engineering, information management, analytics & visualization, agile project management, and management consulting services. The company is appraised by the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at CMMI® Maturity Level 3 and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified provider.
- Capital Markets experience